Friday, December 23, 2005

 

Jews File Suit on behalf of Jesus


My own opinions on the Jews for Jesus aside, did each and every member sleep through the entirety of the dot com boom? Jews for Jesus are quite literally suing Google for not releasing jewsforjesus.blogspot.com. Google isn’t squatting a dot com, they aren’t even squatting a .blogspot.com. Google created a free blogging website and have allowed whomever applied for the url jewsforjesus.blogspot.com to have it. I am pretty sure Google is allowed to do that.

So I haven’t seen the papers for the suit – I have been looking for them, but haven’t yet found them. If anyone wants to send them to me or show me where they are that’d be great. As it stands though. Google is providing a free service and I don’t think Jews for Jesus have a right to their namesake webdomain. The squatting phenomenon during the dot com boom clearly showed that just because your organization has a name, you aren’t necessarily entitled to .com. Why oh why, then, should the Jews for Jesus be entitled to a subdomain within blogspot.com. Shouldn’t the owner of blogspot.com be able to do whatever they want with their own property? Am I missing something? What exactly entitles the Jews for Jesus to tell Google what they can or can’t do with their website?

What’s next? Are the Jews for Jesus going to sue for jewsforjesus@aol.com? jewsforjesus@aol.com? I go to Stanford…. are they going to sue for jewsforjesus.stanford.edu? Where does this line of reasoning stop? Do I get to sue for michaelfeldman@gmail.com? ‘Cause that might be nice. I actually have wanted that. Do you see what I am saying?

Jews for Jesus – I know this might be a lot to ask, but stop being ridiculous. Google has the right to give their subdomains to whomever they want. Furthermore, you can’t just silence your critics by suing to take their voice away. It’s just ridiculous. If you don’t like what they say, refute it. But don’t take a cheap shot trying to undercut their platform. Get some chutzpah.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?